Log in

No account? Create an account

Wrapping up: UK Taxes

Last week I had got a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, asking me if my circumstances had changed. Now that I've got the visa, it was time to phone the number.

The helpful lady said that there was no point in adjusting my income now since there was such a short time left on my UK employment. Instead I should fill in a P85 Leaving the United Kingdom and send it in with the P45 that I get from my employer when I stop working.

They'll take 4-6 weeks to figure out if I'm due any money or I need to pay in more. That means that I'll have left the UK when the decision comes, so I can't close my UK current account before I leave.